Monday, August 15, 2011

Ender's Game

I first read this book a long time ago, when I was in high school (and it first came out). It's an interesting Science Fiction novel about future wars with earth's enemies - the Buggers. Ender is a 6 y.o. boy who gets recruited (in fact, his parents were allowed to have him specifically for this purpose) to go to Battle School, and train to be a leader in the war with the Buggers. Along the way, he makes several friends.

At one point, way back when, I believe this book was on the US Marine Corps required reading list - I tried to look around and verify this, but it doesn't appear to be on the list now. In any case, there's plenty of "battle" scenes in the book - all through games that the kids play at the Battle School. This was the first in a series of books that come later, about the development of the Universe after the last battle. It was a good book. One of my favorite moments comes after Ender leaves battle school and all of his friends. You'll have to read it to know what I'm talking about...:)


1 comment:

  1. Have you read "Ender's Shadow"? I liked "Ender's Game," but I think I liked "Ender's Shadow" even more. Is is a parallel book to "E.G." that follows Bean.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments - and I reserve the sole right to determine what's inappropriate. (That's the attorney/professor coming out in me!)